How interesting is this blog to read?

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Where did I go wrong hiring this guy?

John and I have been working diligently trying to get things in order after the move, he was working outside, while I tried to tame the dust we collected driving the Alaska Highway. Only got the living room and part of the kitchen done.
   Still don't have electricity. Contractor was out this morning, did part of the job ( correcting the errors discovered by the engineering inspection yesterday) then said he would call MEA to see it THEY would run the guy wire. When I called the engineer later she told me they don't usually do that but if the could it would cost me $$$. That really ticks me off!!!
  All this was supposed to be done before we arrived. If this man advertises himself as a "General Contractor", he should have knowledge of the codes and not done a half-a**ed job. I'm going to have a long talk with him tomorrow. He still hasn't given us a total on the job. (probably because it isn't finished).  
  Got a lot of things put away and shelving put in place in the storage trailer.  We will have to move the puppy fence tomorrow, as it just happens to be where the guy wire for the electric pole is supposed to go.  Lots more work on the horizon.
  No pics tonight, too busy/tired to take or post any.

No comments: